Many thanks to Annie, at Simple. I Just Do. for nominating me for a Liebster Award! The Liebster Award is meant to recognize and promote bloggers who don’t have a ton of followers (under 200, to be exact). I’ve said it before, but I tend to break most blogging rules. I didn’t mean to take so long to respond to this though, truly I didn’t. With apologies for my tardiness, here it goes.
First , some random facts about myself:
1. I could go the rest of my life without eating ice cream or chocolate and be okay.
2. I have never seen Pocahontas or Finding Nemo.
3. I have a hard time thinking of facts about myself.
4. I once received a kiss on the cheek from a member of The Rat Pack.
Now, I’ll answer Annie’s questions:
1. Mac or PC?
PC. One day I’ll get a Mac, but no can do on the budget right now.
2. Best book series you’ve ever read?
I haven’t read a book series since I was a kid. I guess I’m not one for the series. One and done.
3. Favorite section of the art museum to visit?
I haven’t been to one in an embarrassingly long time. But I like paintings more than sculptures.
4. Most annoying thing (that bothers you)?
I honestly can’t break that down. There are too many. Lately, well consistently, it pisses me off when people say “Oh, that poor boy,” when they find out that my son has four sisters. Don’t get me started . . .
5. Night Owl or Early Riser?
Both, which is not good. Not good at all.
6. What would your friends say is your best quality?
I don’t know, funny?
7. At what temperature do you turn on the AC?
Hmmm. It depends on who is home. I often turn it off and open the windows.
8. Beaches or Mountains?
Beaches, the sound of the ocean is comforting.
9. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Food, meh. No answer here.
10. Worst chore?
Cleaning the toilet, or more accurately, the floor around the toilet.
11. Current guilty pleasure?
Honestly, sometimes I feel really guilty about, yet derive great pleasure from, blogging. Weird.
Now I’ll nominate my own people and ask them questions! I will massage the rules and nominate only 3, and ask only a few questions, easy ones.
I hereby nominate the following blogs for the Liebster Award:
Please take a bow. I invite my followers to drop by the above blogs, as I have found them enjoyable. Click on, baby, click on.
Now, here are my questions for these freshly minted Nominees, answer as many or as few as you’d like:
1. How do you like your eggs, if you eat them?
2. How many TVs are in your home?
3. Did you go to your senior prom, if there was one?
4. Do you use more than two fingers to type?
5. Do you have other writing projects, apart from your blog?
6. Do you have a smart phone, if so, what kind?
7. How do you like your coffee, if you drink it?
Here are the Liebster Award “rules” :
1.Thank the Liebster-winning Blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog.
2. Post 11 interesting facts about yourself.
3. Answer the 11 questions your nominator asked.
4. Create 11 questions for your nominees.
5. Nominate 11 blogs of 200 followers or less which you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen.
6. Display the Liebster Award
I’m honored to have received the award (again — yay!). Soon, I hope, I will be technically ineligible for this award, as I’m almost at 200 followers! Thanks to my readers and followers for finding and sticking with me! And thanks again, Annie at Simple. I Just Do. for nominating me!
Just Me With . . . a Liebster Award.
Reader Appreciation Award
Thank you to Prego and The Loon who nominated me for the above Reader Appreciation Award. I’ve just recently discovered both her blog and that we have more in common than it might seem, at least at first glance. I’m honored to be included in her list of nominees and recommend her blog for an honest and personal account of an abusive relationship.
That said, I will follow most of the Award’s rules, which are as follows:
The award rules:
1. Link back to the person who nominated you.
2. Attach the icon to your site.
3. Answer the questions.
4. Nominate some other bloggers whom you feel deserve this award!
Here are my answers to Prego and The Loon‘s questions:
Q: Do you watch television?
Yes, I do. But I rarely watch it unless I’m doing something else. I use it for background noise or company. Often I turn on something I’ve seen before (so I don’t have to actually pay attention) or some informational type DIY show, again, where I don’t have to pay attention.
Q: Who is your favourite author?
I don’t know. I used to answer John Irving. It depends on the genre and my mood.
Q: Do you like 80′s movies?
Yes, I do. Especially Fatal Attraction, Dangerous Liaisons, The Big Chill, Amadeus, and Rain Man.
Q: What social issue bothers you?
Too hard to answer. One really can’t put one “ism” over another.
Q: What is the weirdest thing you’ve ever eaten?
I don’t mess with weird foods. I’ve had chitterlings (chitlins), but did not enjoy it.
Q: How do you like your eggs?
Scrambled, hard. (Somehow that sounds dirty . . . heh heh heh)
Q:When did you discover blogging?
I can’t believe it will be two years in a few months.
Q: Why do like to blog?
It gives me the ability to instantly share my thoughts. It allows me to connect with people around the world. It also gives me a sense of completion when I hit “publish.”
Now it’s my turn to nominate other bloggers for this award.
Recently I was a recipient of another blogger award, The Liebster Award, and explained that I’m not so good with following rules. I won’t repeat it my reasoning here , instead I’ll just play fast and loose. Since this is a Reader Appreciation Award, I’ll nominate two bloggers, one who has been a long-time reader and one who more recently discovered my space. They are completely different — but that’s what’s so cool about blogging.
Accordingly I hereby nominate:
I don’t have any questions for these bloggers. Their own blogs and comments speak for themselves, quite well. I nominate them with the proviso that they can choose to answer Prego and The Loon‘s questions above, or ask themselves their own questions, or choose not to respond at all — no pressure.
I thank these bloggers — and anyone else who stumbles upon this place — for reading.
Just Me With . . . A Reader Appreciation Award