Reader Appreciation Award
Thank you to Prego and The Loon who nominated me for the above Reader Appreciation Award. I’ve just recently discovered both her blog and that we have more in common than it might seem, at least at first glance. I’m honored to be included in her list of nominees and recommend her blog for an honest and personal account of an abusive relationship.
That said, I will follow most of the Award’s rules, which are as follows:
The award rules:
1. Link back to the person who nominated you.
2. Attach the icon to your site.
3. Answer the questions.
4. Nominate some other bloggers whom you feel deserve this award!
Here are my answers to Prego and The Loon‘s questions:
Q: Do you watch television?
Yes, I do. But I rarely watch it unless I’m doing something else. I use it for background noise or company. Often I turn on something I’ve seen before (so I don’t have to actually pay attention) or some informational type DIY show, again, where I don’t have to pay attention.
Q: Who is your favourite author?
I don’t know. I used to answer John Irving. It depends on the genre and my mood.
Q: Do you like 80′s movies?
Yes, I do. Especially Fatal Attraction, Dangerous Liaisons, The Big Chill, Amadeus, and Rain Man.
Q: What social issue bothers you?
Too hard to answer. One really can’t put one “ism” over another.
Q: What is the weirdest thing you’ve ever eaten?
I don’t mess with weird foods. I’ve had chitterlings (chitlins), but did not enjoy it.
Q: How do you like your eggs?
Scrambled, hard. (Somehow that sounds dirty . . . heh heh heh)
Q:When did you discover blogging?
I can’t believe it will be two years in a few months.
Q: Why do like to blog?
It gives me the ability to instantly share my thoughts. It allows me to connect with people around the world. It also gives me a sense of completion when I hit “publish.”
Now it’s my turn to nominate other bloggers for this award.
Recently I was a recipient of another blogger award, The Liebster Award, and explained that I’m not so good with following rules. I won’t repeat it my reasoning here , instead I’ll just play fast and loose. Since this is a Reader Appreciation Award, I’ll nominate two bloggers, one who has been a long-time reader and one who more recently discovered my space. They are completely different — but that’s what’s so cool about blogging.
Accordingly I hereby nominate:
I don’t have any questions for these bloggers. Their own blogs and comments speak for themselves, quite well. I nominate them with the proviso that they can choose to answer Prego and The Loon‘s questions above, or ask themselves their own questions, or choose not to respond at all — no pressure.
I thank these bloggers — and anyone else who stumbles upon this place — for reading.
Just Me With . . . A Reader Appreciation Award
Thank you so much to Knocked Over By A Feather for nominating this blog for the Liebster Award!
I am flattered to have been nominated. I still feel new to this blogging community and it’s nice to be included. Reportedly, this award is given to bloggers with less than 200 followers that another blogger feels should get some recognition.
There are 4 steps to receiving this award.
- List 11 things about yourself.
- Answer your nominator’s 11 questions.
- Choose up to 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers and ask them your own questions.
- Inform your nominees of their award nominations.
I routinely break blog rules. For example, my blog is not about one topic (except me) and I tend to follow blogs I enjoy even if the writer seems (on paper) to have nothing in common with me. That said, I’m going to take some liberties with the required steps because I’m finding them very difficult for me to follow.
Writing facts about myself is hard because I’m in the process of rediscovery and rebuilding, so I’ll list just a few.
1. I have a really hard time writing facts about myself — duh.
2. I do not have a favorite song.
3. I am more comfortable doing public speaking than I am speaking one-on-one.
4. I once tried to be Miss America.
5. I know how to set a fence post.
6. I could live the remainder of my days without eating ice cream or chocolate.
My Answers to questions from Knocked Over By A Feather.
1. Fact or fiction?
- It’s a fine line.
2.What is your favorite animal and why?
- I like dogs. They are loyal and responsive.
3. Do you think being rich would make you happy?
- No, but it would alleviate much stress, and that would be a start.
4. Are you bright eyed and bushy tailed in the morning, or grumpasauras rex?
- I am grumpy, but only if my sole purpose for getting up is to attend to things I don’t feel like doing. Also, I never get enough sleep.
5. What is your favorite dessert?
- I can live without dessert, but when I have it, it is cheesecake.
6. What is your favorite thing about blogging?
- I am always amazed that people read it, especially people from around the world. That is so cool.
7. Do you like reality TV shows?
- Depends on the type. I like the DIY type shows because they help me in my home repairs. The only entertainment competition show that I can watch (only parts of) is American Idol. I dislike singers trying to out-sing each other in head to head competition on stage at the same time, so the newer shows irk me. They all irk me, actually. The dating shows, no. Most of the other types of shows merely showcase high maintenance (almost drag queen levels of made up) women behaving badly — so I can’t stand them. Plus, you know, like, I really thought that, you know, it was going to happen, but you know, when I see him and her there I don’t know what to think . . . you know?
8. If you could have lunch with one famous person, dead or alive, who would it be?
- I can’t answer this one. I can’t commit.
9. What is your favorite breakfast cereal?
- I never eat cereal.
10. Do you believe that love is all we need?
11. Chocolate or vanilla? Possibly strawberry?
- Chocolate, if I have to choose.
Okay, I’ve had some difficulty with the rules, as is obvious. I don’t know how to choose 11 blogs with relatively few followers because I don’t look at the number of followers of the blogs I read, I just read them (also, unless the number of followers is on the home page, I don’t know how to find out). Admittedly, I’m not as good as I’d like to be in keeping track of blogs since I read so many different kinds. Choosing them started to overwhelm me. (Sounds lame, but for some reason this proved to be so hard for me.) And so I will nominate only one blog, with the proviso that I hope she feels no obligation to accept the award’s rules because she has a lot going on and I don’t want to give her any more stress.
I Won’t Take It — This is a blog I discovered recently about a woman going through some tough times. I think she could use judgment-free support.
I will not ask her any questions. I can’t really explain why, except that when person is going through emotional turmoil, even the simplest of questions can cause anxiety. (Don’t ask me how I know.) I just want to give I Won’t Take It a round of applause and build her support network, without more.
Just Me With . . . a Liebster Award.