Many thanks to Annie, at Simple. I Just Do. for nominating me for a Liebster Award! The Liebster Award is meant to recognize and promote bloggers who don’t have a ton of followers (under 200, to be exact). I’ve said it before, but I tend to break most blogging rules. I didn’t mean to take so long to respond to this though, truly I didn’t. With apologies for my tardiness, here it goes.
First , some random facts about myself:
1. I could go the rest of my life without eating ice cream or chocolate and be okay.
2. I have never seen Pocahontas or Finding Nemo.
3. I have a hard time thinking of facts about myself.
4. I once received a kiss on the cheek from a member of The Rat Pack.
Now, I’ll answer Annie’s questions:
1. Mac or PC?
PC. One day I’ll get a Mac, but no can do on the budget right now.
2. Best book series you’ve ever read?
I haven’t read a book series since I was a kid. I guess I’m not one for the series. One and done.
3. Favorite section of the art museum to visit?
I haven’t been to one in an embarrassingly long time. But I like paintings more than sculptures.
4. Most annoying thing (that bothers you)?
I honestly can’t break that down. There are too many. Lately, well consistently, it pisses me off when people say “Oh, that poor boy,” when they find out that my son has four sisters. Don’t get me started . . .
5. Night Owl or Early Riser?
Both, which is not good. Not good at all.
6. What would your friends say is your best quality?
I don’t know, funny?
7. At what temperature do you turn on the AC?
Hmmm. It depends on who is home. I often turn it off and open the windows.
8. Beaches or Mountains?
Beaches, the sound of the ocean is comforting.
9. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Food, meh. No answer here.
10. Worst chore?
Cleaning the toilet, or more accurately, the floor around the toilet.
11. Current guilty pleasure?
Honestly, sometimes I feel really guilty about, yet derive great pleasure from, blogging. Weird.
Now I’ll nominate my own people and ask them questions! I will massage the rules and nominate only 3, and ask only a few questions, easy ones.
I hereby nominate the following blogs for the Liebster Award:
Please take a bow. I invite my followers to drop by the above blogs, as I have found them enjoyable. Click on, baby, click on.
Now, here are my questions for these freshly minted Nominees, answer as many or as few as you’d like:
1. How do you like your eggs, if you eat them?
2. How many TVs are in your home?
3. Did you go to your senior prom, if there was one?
4. Do you use more than two fingers to type?
5. Do you have other writing projects, apart from your blog?
6. Do you have a smart phone, if so, what kind?
7. How do you like your coffee, if you drink it?
Here are the Liebster Award “rules” :
1.Thank the Liebster-winning Blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog.
2. Post 11 interesting facts about yourself.
3. Answer the 11 questions your nominator asked.
4. Create 11 questions for your nominees.
5. Nominate 11 blogs of 200 followers or less which you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen.
6. Display the Liebster Award
I’m honored to have received the award (again — yay!). Soon, I hope, I will be technically ineligible for this award, as I’m almost at 200 followers! Thanks to my readers and followers for finding and sticking with me! And thanks again, Annie at Simple. I Just Do. for nominating me!
Just Me With . . . a Liebster Award.
Thank you so much to Knocked Over By A Feather for nominating this blog for the Liebster Award!
I am flattered to have been nominated. I still feel new to this blogging community and it’s nice to be included. Reportedly, this award is given to bloggers with less than 200 followers that another blogger feels should get some recognition.
There are 4 steps to receiving this award.
- List 11 things about yourself.
- Answer your nominator’s 11 questions.
- Choose up to 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers and ask them your own questions.
- Inform your nominees of their award nominations.
I routinely break blog rules. For example, my blog is not about one topic (except me) and I tend to follow blogs I enjoy even if the writer seems (on paper) to have nothing in common with me. That said, I’m going to take some liberties with the required steps because I’m finding them very difficult for me to follow.
Writing facts about myself is hard because I’m in the process of rediscovery and rebuilding, so I’ll list just a few.
1. I have a really hard time writing facts about myself — duh.
2. I do not have a favorite song.
3. I am more comfortable doing public speaking than I am speaking one-on-one.
4. I once tried to be Miss America.
5. I know how to set a fence post.
6. I could live the remainder of my days without eating ice cream or chocolate.
My Answers to questions from Knocked Over By A Feather.
1. Fact or fiction?
- It’s a fine line.
2.What is your favorite animal and why?
- I like dogs. They are loyal and responsive.
3. Do you think being rich would make you happy?
- No, but it would alleviate much stress, and that would be a start.
4. Are you bright eyed and bushy tailed in the morning, or grumpasauras rex?
- I am grumpy, but only if my sole purpose for getting up is to attend to things I don’t feel like doing. Also, I never get enough sleep.
5. What is your favorite dessert?
- I can live without dessert, but when I have it, it is cheesecake.
6. What is your favorite thing about blogging?
- I am always amazed that people read it, especially people from around the world. That is so cool.
7. Do you like reality TV shows?
- Depends on the type. I like the DIY type shows because they help me in my home repairs. The only entertainment competition show that I can watch (only parts of) is American Idol. I dislike singers trying to out-sing each other in head to head competition on stage at the same time, so the newer shows irk me. They all irk me, actually. The dating shows, no. Most of the other types of shows merely showcase high maintenance (almost drag queen levels of made up) women behaving badly — so I can’t stand them. Plus, you know, like, I really thought that, you know, it was going to happen, but you know, when I see him and her there I don’t know what to think . . . you know?
8. If you could have lunch with one famous person, dead or alive, who would it be?
- I can’t answer this one. I can’t commit.
9. What is your favorite breakfast cereal?
- I never eat cereal.
10. Do you believe that love is all we need?
11. Chocolate or vanilla? Possibly strawberry?
- Chocolate, if I have to choose.
Okay, I’ve had some difficulty with the rules, as is obvious. I don’t know how to choose 11 blogs with relatively few followers because I don’t look at the number of followers of the blogs I read, I just read them (also, unless the number of followers is on the home page, I don’t know how to find out). Admittedly, I’m not as good as I’d like to be in keeping track of blogs since I read so many different kinds. Choosing them started to overwhelm me. (Sounds lame, but for some reason this proved to be so hard for me.) And so I will nominate only one blog, with the proviso that I hope she feels no obligation to accept the award’s rules because she has a lot going on and I don’t want to give her any more stress.
I Won’t Take It — This is a blog I discovered recently about a woman going through some tough times. I think she could use judgment-free support.
I will not ask her any questions. I can’t really explain why, except that when person is going through emotional turmoil, even the simplest of questions can cause anxiety. (Don’t ask me how I know.) I just want to give I Won’t Take It a round of applause and build her support network, without more.
Just Me With . . . a Liebster Award.