I’m single. I’m free. I should be out there, right? Wrong. I have some real logistical problems in getting out what with all those people I made (the kids). But this post isn’t about that. Even if I could get out of the house, I just tiptoe around dating. Except for my Transitional Man, the only men I’ve dated since my marriage ended have been guys I’ve known since college. I think about branching out. I create online profiles but don’t pay. I don’t have a lot of extra money right now, but it isn’t really about that either. I check out guys’ profiles and get messages but I never respond. Why? Am I afraid of meeting a stranger — is it a safety issue? Nah. I don’t mind talking to strangers. Truth is, I can’t even get through the “What are you looking for?” questions online — let alone in person. I don’t know what I’m looking for. I’m not looking for anything. I know I’m not looking for a husband. I can’t take care of another living thing. I can’t imagine being anybody’s girlfriend. I could go on a date, though, if I had time. But in the meantime . . . I guess I need to be single, free for a bit. Doesn’t hurt to look, though . . heh heh heh.
Top Posts & Pages in the Last Few Days
- Raise Your Hand — What I learned from The Paper Chase and Sheryl Sandberg
- The High Powered Law Practice: Tricks of the Trade on How to Deal with Teens
- “Baby Goggles” — My Short Story Published at The Indie Chicks!
- Double Sinks in the Master Bath – Must We Have Them? Really?
- Liebster Award
- Going Away to School — and Staying There!
- Goodbye Hoarders
- Pissed: Parking and Dining Alone
- I Went To A Dinner Party Alone
- You Don’t Have To Bring A Date, Come Alone! Come Alone! COME ALONE!
The Things I Write About
- Acts of Kindness (10)
- Almost A Hoarders House (5)
- Backstory (52)
- Body Image (3)
- Celebrity or Entertainment Musings (11)
- Dating (33)
- DIY Home Renovations, Repair and Maintenance (14)
- Downsizing My Whole Life (13)
- Facebook Related (6)
- Fiction (4)
- Humorous, or at least not-so-serious (33)
- Mother's Day (3)
- Musings (21)
- My Depression (12)
- Parenting (12)
- Random Posts (57)
- Sex And The City References (12)
- Single Life (29)
- The Children (12)
- The D Word — Divorce (44)
- Wedding Themed (9)